Member of the Board of Directors
Victim Services of Sarnia - Lambton Inc. (Victim Services) is a non-profit community-based organization that provides immediate emotional and practical support to all victims of crime and tragic circumstance 24/7.
The Victim Services Board of Directors is currently looking to fill a vacancy on the Board of Directors.
- Fulfill governance and stewardship role to ensure the long term success of the organization
- Help the Board in carrying out its fiduciary responsibilities, such as acting as Board of Directors Treasurer and reviewing the organization's annual financial statements
- Promotion of the organization and its mission in the community at large, and build new supporters
- Engage with key stakeholders including funders, partners, donors, and supports
Length of Term: The term as a Board Member is three years. Terms are renewable to a maximum of six years.
Meetings and Time Commitment: The Board will hold a minimum of ten meetings per year. A member may be requested to sit on at least one committee and contribute through committee work.
We encourage applications from individuals who reflect the diversity of the community we service including, but limited to: survivors of crime or tragic circumstance, people of colour, indigenous people, LGBT2Q+ individuals, people with disabilities, and people who represent the range of socio-economic realities in our community.
Desired Expertise and Profile:
- Experience in the not-for-profit sector
Interested applicants for this voluntary position are asked to reply by August 18, 2017, with a letter of interest and resume to Board Member, Seanna Pickard at firstname.lastname@example.org